Happy anniversary babe!
Nick and I celebrated our 1 year over the weekend!
Then it was back to blood, sweat, and tears
I wasn’t able to make it to crossfit last night so in between clients today I was able to fit in Tuesdays WOD and a little skill
15 Power Cleans 95/65
30 Double Unders
For total load:
Power Clean 9-7-5 (Touch & Go)
(rest 2:00 between lifts)
AMRAP I completed my cleans at #55 Total rounds 2+16 and I switched out the strength component for 20 minutes of skill work on muscle cleans.
Today was my first attempt at Home Made Protein Bars from a recipe I found on www.thepaleomom.com. Hey they came out pretty good!
1 Tbsp ground flax seeds (ground)
1 1/2 Tbsp water
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/3 cup raw pepitas
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup plain protein powder ( I used whey)
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened natural almond butter
1/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
You can also add 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 325
- Prepare baking dish by lightly coating it with coconut oil.
- Combine flax meal and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix flax mixture, coconut oil, almond butter, honey, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, combine almonds, coconut, sunflower seeds, pepitas, sesame seeds, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, and protein powder.
- Transfer dry mixture into the large bowl with the wet ingredients. Stir thoroughly with a spoon. The mixture will be somewhat dry. Take your time with it to make sure everything is well mixed.
- Fold chocolate chips or dried fruit in to batter.
- Press mixture firmly into the baking dish. (Mixture will be sticky.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned. Remove from oven and press top down with a spatula or your hands to remove any puffiness.
- Cool on the stovetop, then transfer the dish to the refrigerator to cool completely.
Make sure you let the bars cool before cutting into them