Hiked camelback this weekend with one of my besties Tee! I forgot how much I miss hiking! Cooler Arizona weather =more hiking yippppeeee
Tee couldn’t find her backpack so I leant her this top of the line Dora the explorer Backpack lol thanks Monroe.
Later that day, the weekend pizza craving set in…the result = paleo style pizza
Paleo Chicken and veggie pizza
• 1 Large head of cauliflower (500g).
• 1/4 cup egg whites.
• 1 whole egg.
• 3TBSP coconut flour.
• 1 small can of chicken, drained well.
• 1tsp each: dried basil/oregano/garlic/onion.
• 1 cup tomato sauce.
• Veggies of choice.
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Break down your cauliflower and steam until tender, pulse in a food processor until broken down into rice consistency, place in a kitchen towel and squeeze out excess water. It’s gonna be hot so, be careful or suck it up. You’re about to have pizza, life rules.
3. Add cauliflower to a large bowl and add egg/whites, chicken, seasonings and coconut flour, stir to combine.
4. Grease a sheet of parchment paper and place on a baking sheet, spread mixture on top, smooth it into a shape you prefer and pop it in the oven for 25 min.
5. Take the crust out of the oven and place another baking sheet with a greased sheet of parchment on top of it, hold baking sheets together and flip, return the crust to the oven to let the other side brown for 15 min.
6. While that’s happening, lightly saute your toppings.
7. Remove crust from oven and spread with tomato sauce and veg/meat.
8. Place back in the oven to broil for 5-8 min.
I have been trying to make a kettlebell class at our box for 3 weeks now and finally made it to one monday!
It was a double workout day WOD in the morning/Kettlebell in the evening
We worked on our snatch technique and then partnered up for our WOD kettle style….
6 min snatch for reps …1 min rest
4 minute power swings for reps….1 min rest
400 meter farmer partner walks for time
It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about kettle technique, looking forward to next week!